LCC was established in 1934 as Lower Columbia Junior College. In 1961 it was elevated to a community college. In 1967 it joined the state-supported community college system. Please see our Quick Guide for more information about Lower Columbia College and the comunity and people it serves.
Our Mission, Vision and Values
Mission, Vision, Values - We are a powerful force for improving the quality of life in our community.
Quick Facts - Full Facts and Figures Report
- Total enrollment: 7,714 students in 2011-2012
- Annual tuition and fees: $ 3,814 (full-time, 36 credits) in 2011-2012
- Top five areas of study in 2011-2012:
- Registered Nurse
- Business Management
- Medical Assisting
- Automotive Technology
- Information Technology Systems
Lower Columbia College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities. See our Accreditation page for more information.
Lower Columbia College is approved to grant the following degrees and certificates
- Associate in Arts
- Associate in Arts and Sciences
- Associate in Applied Science - Transfer
- Associate in Sciences - Transfer
- Associate in Applied Science
- Evening Transfer Degree
- Washington 45
- Certificate of Proficiency
- Certificate of Completion
Directions and Maps
Get driving directions and a map of the campus.
Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees is a five-member board appointed by the Governor of the State of Washington and confirmed by the Washington State Senate. The role of the board is to oversee all operations of the college.
Several facilities at Lower Columbia College are available for rent by community members or non-profit organizations when they are not in sue by instruction or student services. See our Facility Rental page for more information.