Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
8060 165th Avenue NE, Suite 100
Redmond, WA 98052
Toll Free 1.866.900.2311
Admissions Center Room 114
see Campus Map
Lower Columbia College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.
In 2010 the NWCCU adopted new Accreditation Standards and a revised timeline for reporting and campus visitation. The new model includes three reports and visits during a seven-year cycle.
The old model consisted of an interim report and visit in year five, with a full report and visit in year ten.
The new standard retains all the elements of the old model with a greatly increased focus on using data and evidence, particularly in regard to assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Fall 2011: Year One Report - submitted September 15, 2011
- Fall 2014: Mid-Cycle Evaluation - submitted August 25, 2014
- Fall 2018: Year Seven Report and Visit (note: revised date)
- Fall 2019: Year One Report
- Fall 2021: Mid-Cycle Evaluation
- Fall 2025: Year Seven Report and Visit
Learn More about Accreditation
A 12-minute Overview of Accreditation for LCC faculty and staff is available through LCC's YouTube channel. Just click on this link http://youtu.be/UxYr1Bo0YNs, or view below.