|Achieving the Dream|
Director of Institutional Research, Planning and Assessment
Toll Free 1.866.900.2311
see Campus Map
Lower Columbia College is proud to be an Achieving the Dream Leader College.
Achieving the Dream (ATD) is a national nonprofit dedicated to helping more community
college students succeed. In 2014, LCC received the elite "Leader College" designation
from ATD for our commitment to student success principles and demonstrated gains in
math achievement. We are grateful to College Spark, a non-profit Foundation based
in Washington State, for generously supporting our involvement with ATD.
Built on the values of equity and excellence, Achieving the Dream advances community college student success. As a proportion of higher education, community college enrollment continues to grow. In fact, nearly half of all U.S. undergraduate students attend a community college, a testament to the broad access that community colleges like Lower Columbia College offer. But access alone isn't enough. Nationally, fewer than half of all students who enter community college with the goal of earning a certificate or degree have met their goal six years later. Meanwhile, occupations that usually require a post-secondary degree or award are expected to account for nearly half of all new jobs over the 2008-2018 period.
Achieving the Dream emphasizes the use of data and evidence to drive change within community colleges, and in state and federal policy. LCC has implemented the following student success initiatives under the ATD umbrella: pre-college math and English reform; placement test preparation (math boot camps); K-12 partnerships in math; advising and orientation reform; and other activities designed to increase faculty-student engagement, including professional development.
- Achieving the Dream 2014 Report - update on progress of the initiative submitted to College Spark in 2014
- IT Capacity and Institutional Excellence - presented to ATD Coaches and College Spark Evaluators in Spring 2014
- Achieving the Dream Baseline Assessment - by College Spark Washington Evaluators
- Achieving the Dream Resources - from Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
- Meet our Completion Team
- View LCC's Achieving the Dream Implementation Plan
- Achieving the Dream - National
- Achieving the Dream - Washington State Board for Community & Technical Colleges (SBCTC)
- College Spark Washington