The 1960s brought booming retail and industrial growth to the Lower Columbia region, resulting in new academic and vocational training programs, and increasing numbers of college graduates.
Lower Columbia Junior College (LCJC) received community college status. Enrollment reached 700.
The Lower Columbia College Bookstore began in a small room in the Library in the Main Building. The exact year is unknown, but it may have been early sixties.
Dr. Alan P. Crawford became president of LCJC. Enrollment reached 821 with 78 graduates.
LCC welcomed the first digital computer on campus, an IBM 1620 that was used to train Data Processing majors along with being used for administrative processing.
The Data Processing degree program began.
Dr. Harold Lang became president of LCJC. The women's basketball program began.
The Registered Nursing and Police Science programs began. 100 students graduated.
The state community college system was established. On April 3, 1967 LCJC became LCC. It separated from Longview School District under the newly approved Community College Act.
The Lower Columbia College Bookstore moved to the old Student Center.
Dr. Leo C. Muller became president of LCC. The LCC baseball team became Baseball Division Champions.
The LCC baseball team became Baseball Division Champions. 143 students graduated. Dr. David B. Story became president of LCC.