For Immediate Release
October 11, 2013
Could a student at LCC be going hungry because they don't have enough money for food?
Lower Columbia College has partnered with local businesses and organizations in a community-wide food drive benefiting the Lower Columbia Community Action Program CAP Help Warehouse.
Donations of non-perishable food items and/or cash are being collected on campus through October 31.
“The LCC faculty and staff team never backs down from a (Food) Fight, or misses the opportunity to help our students and community. Let’s show our Red Devil Team Spirit and knock-out hunger in our community.” Sue Groth, Director of College Relations and Marketing.
How can you help?
Challenge your classroom, colleagues, family, friends, sports team, and club members to join you in the Food Fight Against Hunger! Remember, the person you help may be a student!
- Bring your non-perishable food items to the collection bins set up in Student Center, Library and Admissions Center by October 31.
- Give a cash donation in the form of a check made out to 'Help Warehouse'. Turn in at the Student Activities Office located on the first floor of the Student Center.
- Purchase a 50/50 raffle ticket from an ASLCC Officer to be entered to win a gift card!
- Learn more about community participants in the Food Fight Against Hunger.
- Download and print the flyer for your classroom, office or other high-traffic area.
- Share what you are doing in the Food Fight Against Hunger on LCC's Facebook.
- Share what you are doing in the Food Fight Against Hunger with LCC's Twitter using the hashtag #FoodFight.
Thank you for participating the Food Fight Against Hunger!
For more information contact:
Roxana Ahmadifard, Director of Student Programs, , 360.442.2441
Tiffany Stewart, Marketing & Event Planning Specialist, , 360.442.2112