|Richard Hamilton, Director
|Lower Columbia College is a member of the Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)|
Lower Columbia College supports and promotes environmentally responsible practices that protect the earth's natural resources. Our goal is to shift operational practices and academic programs to address concerns of the earth, the economy, and social equity. We will strive to maintain and develop the college in a responsible manner and to minimize the impact on the environment.
Did you know?
- One light-emitting diode (LED) bulb uses 6 - 8 watts of energy per hour and costs $35 per year.
- One compact fluorescent bulb (CFL) uses 13 - 15 watts of energy per hour and costs $78 per year.
Lower Columbia College has switched over 500 bulbs to energy smart and cost saving LED bulbs in many buildings. Outdoor lights lining the walkways have also been switched.
- Campus Services
- Rose Center for the of Arts
- Student Center Bookstore
Make a Difference ~ every little bit helps!
- Refill your water container at one of several campus hydration stations.
- Recycle materials in campus recycling bins.
- Minimize electricity use by unplugging unnecessary items and turning off lights in unoccupied rooms.
- Learn to spot common warning signs and report illicit stormwater or other discharges.
- Lower Columbia School Gardens ~ helping schools start and sustain dynamic, thriving garden programs.
- Willapa Hills Audubon Society ~ supporting ecologically responsible ways of life and environmental understanding and enjoyment of nature.
- SOLVE - cleaning, restoring, educating and involving our community through volunteerism.