Lower Columbia College supports and promotes environmentally responsible practices that protect the earth's natural resources. Our goal is to shift operational practices and academic programs to address concerns of the earth, the economy, and social equity. We will strive to maintain and develop the college in a responsible manner and to minimize the impact on the environment.
- To educate our campus and greater community about sustainability.
- To provide unique opportunities for outreach and engagement that improves the quality of life for our community.
- To practice environmental stewardship and minimize our impact on the environment.
- To practice fiscal stability and stewardship and minimize financial and social costs associated with procurement and the use of resources.
- To set an example of integrity, respect, collaboration, cooperation, inclusion, and innovation through sustainability projects that showcase the excellence of our institution.
- LocalHarvest - find farmers' markets, family farms, and other sources of sustainably grown food in your area
Lower Columbia College is a member of the Association for Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE)