Toll Free 1.866.900.2311
see Campus Map
M-F 8 am - 5 pm
|Please send comments regarding stormwater management to Campus Services.|
Lower Columbia College participates in a Stormwater Management Plan with the goal to increase awareness of the link between on-campus activities and water quality in streams and lakes in Cowlitz County. See the Stormwater Management Plan for detailed information.
Did you know that anything dumped into a storm drain goes straight to a stream, river or lake? The Stormwater Management Plan includes a program to eliminate illicit discharges, but we need your help. Learn to spot common warning signs.
A citizens guide to clean runoff.
Annual Stormwater Report - pending
Permit - pending
10 Things You Can Do To Prevent Stormwater Pollution
- Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks and gutters.
- Never dump anything down storm drains or in streams.
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard.
- Compost your yard waste.
- Use least toxic pesticides and follow labels.
- Direct downspouts away from paved surfaces.
- Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway.
- Check your car for leaks and recycle your motor oil.
- Pick up after your pet.
- Have your septic tank pumped and system inspected regularly.