- What is Universal Design for Learning (UDI)?
- UDI: Definition, Principles, Guidelines, and Examples, UW-Seattle, Sherly Burgstahler
- Resources from Renton Technical College
- FacultyWare, University of Connecticut
- Faculty Reference Manual
For information on disability laws, accommodations and available resources
Faculty Syllabus Statement
Please include the following statement in your syllabus:
Students with disabilities who believe that they may need accommodations in this class are encouraged to contact Disabilities Support Services at 442-2340 as soon as possible to better ensure that accommodations are implemented in a timely manner.
Follow guidelines when gathering documents and remember to include:
- Identification of the nature and extent of the disability.
- Specific information regarding the manner in which the disability affects you and your ability to demonstrate your knowledge of material presented in the classroom.
- Description of the treatment plan, if any, including medications and side effects.
- Prognosis for your disability.
- Suggestions regarding possible accommodations.
Documentation is typically provided by a physician, psychologist, psychiatrist, or learning disabilities specialist. Disability support will provide you with specific guidelines for documentation of your disability, or access the information below.