Lower Columbia College | Interlibrary Loans
Not finding what you need at the LCC Library? Get an Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
What is an Interlibrary Loan (ILL)?
- Research materials loaned to LCC students, faculty, and staff from other libraries.
What can I borrow?
- Print materials (books or periodical articles) only. Media materials and eBooks are not available through ILL.
- Many libraries will not send us books with the current year's copyright.
When would I use ILL?
- When you and the Reference Librarian are unable to find sufficient material at the
LCC Library on your topic.
What do I need to do?
- Locate the item you want in WorldCat.
- Confirm that it meets your criteria: adult material, non-fiction, an appropriate date,
and appropriate subject headings.
- Be sure that it is available in at least 50 libraries, and that it is a print book
- Click the ILL button at the top of the "detailed record" and fill out the information
- Click "submit". You will be contacted when your item arrives.
How long does it take?
- 7-10 business days. You will be notified by phone or e-mail when the item arrives.
How much does it cost?
- We try to obtain items from libraries which do not charge. If the item will cost money,
we will contact you before ordering to be sure you are willing to pay. The cost of
repair or replacement of damaged or lost material is the responsibility of the borrower