Student Center (upstairs)
see Campus Map
|Mary Kate Morgan, Director, Disability Support Services &
|Alyssa Joyner, Vet Corps Navigator
|Ian Meskew, Vet Corps
|Visit Veterans Corner upstairs in the Student Center to get assistance, relax, study and meet other veterans.|
|Veterans' Services on Facebook|
|On the Blog|
|Machinist Benjamin Perrigo Gets Hired!|
Lower Columbia College Veterans Service is committed to ensuring that all veterans, active duty personnel, reservists, and their families are made well aware of the benefits and resources entitled to them. Veteran Services will provide professional assistance with applying for and utilizing these benefits.
LCC participates in the following VA educational programs
- Post-9/11 GI Bill
- Montgomery GI Bill Active Duty program based on the veteran's active military service
- Montgomery GI Bill Selected Reserve program for military reserve and National Guard service
- V.A. Vocational Rehabilitation program for veterans with service-connected disabilities
- Survivors and Dependents Educational Assistance program
LCC programs are approved for VA educational benefits by the Higher Education Coordinating Board
- The college offers approved educational programs to eligible veterans and eligible dependents of deceased or totally disabled veterans under Title 38 and Title 10, U.S. Code.
- LCC staff provide assistance with completing the process to apply for college funds, veteran's health benefits and other college services.
- Resident veterans who served, or who provided direct support to American soldiers, in a combat zone may also qualify for special tuition rates and other financial aid.
- Veterans planning to enroll at LCC are encouraged to familiarize themselves with available VA Education Benefits at gibill.va.gov.
Instructions for Veterans
Instructions for Veteran Dependents
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
- VA Health Care
- GI Bill
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- Community Resources/Veterans Services
- Disability Support Services
- General Counseling/PTSD
Longview Housing Authority - Longview Housing Authority (LHA) in partnership with the Cowlitz Valley VFW #1045, the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, and the local VA Medical Center, are assisting homeless veterans and their families become residentially stable and self-sufficient. Veteran TBRA is a transitional housing program helping veterans with up to 24 months of rental assistance and supportive services.
Catalogs - get full class descriptions
Class Schedule - see what classes are currently being offered.
Career Center - explore career options through assessments, research, workshops, counseling and various career resources.
Counseling - discover your passion, create a plan to make the career of your dreams a reality, set realistic timelines based on your busy life, and learn how to deal with stressors.
Degrees and Certificates - degree and certificate programs designed to prepare students for advanced studies, or to move directly into the workforce.
Fields of Study - train for a career in a high-demand field, complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree, obtain a certificate, or take classes for personal enrichment.
Financial Aid - important dates and deadlines
Online Learning - online courses, programs and degree options
Placement Test - information about skills assessment before registering for classes.
Transfer Center - learn how you can save time and money with a transfer degree.