|Meet an Advisor|
|Register for Classes|
|Clubs and Organizations|
Why Attend Community College?
- Community college is increasingly affordable.
- Community college provides practical, employable skills in a shorter time investment.
- Community college prepares students for successful transfer to a four-year university, while saving substantial tuition costs.
- Community college offers remedial education, enabling many students to pursue an otherwise unattainable education.
The world is changing rapidly. How will you remain competitive in a market where the top in-demand jobs didn’t even exist 10 years ago? Community college is the answer.
Why Choose Lower Columbia College?
It’s well known that students who live at home and complete their first two years of college at Lower Columbia College save substantial costs, $20,000 per year or more. But did you know that Washington students who transfer from a two-year college to a four-year school do just as well as those who begin studies at a university? LCC transfer students earn a 3.34 GPA on average in their junior and senior studies at Washington’s public universities.
Regional University Center
The Lower Columbia Regional University Center, located on the LCC campus, significantly enhances the ability of local residents and LCC graduates to complete higher levels of education. Learn how to earn your bachelors degree, right here in the community.
Tour the Campus
Contact us to arrange a tour of the campus, including the new Health and Science Building. Individuals and groups are welcome.
Sean Gestson went right to work after high school, but then decided he wanted a more challenging career. He credits LCC faculty and their willingness to work closely with him. With their help and encouragement, he mastered his courses and earned a $30,000 annual scholarship from the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation (largest in the nation for transfer students) to pursue advanced studies in environmental engineering. Sean is the third LCC student in eight years to receive this prestigious award earned by less than 100 students each year.
Like Sean, many students rate their LCC experience among the best in the country.
Did you know?
- LCC is an Achieving the Dream institution!
- LCC awards over $250,000 in scholarships every year!
- Students attend LCC from as far away as China and Japan.
- LCC offers online courses for most academic subjects and some professional-technical programs.
Lower Columbia College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, an institutional accrediting body recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation and the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.