Toll Free 1.866.900.2311
Main Building, Rm. 127
see Campus Map
M & Th 9 am - 4 pm
Tu & Wed 9 am - 7 pm
Fri 9 am - 3 pm
|Summer Hours (July, Aug)
M/T/Th 9 am - 6 pm
Wed 9 am - 2 pm
Contact Technical Support for MyLabsPlus at 1-888-883-1299 or send an .
Students enrolled in a Math Achievement course can work on their own or get assistance from instructors and tutors in the Math Achievement Center.
While courses in the Math Achievement Center use Pearson’s online companion MyMathLab, they are NOT online courses.
There is an expectation of your physical presence on campus working on your math course each and every week of the quarter.
Prerequisite: Placement test or instructor permission
Students enrolled in these math courses must attend an orientation the first day of the quarter at 9 am, 1 pm or 4 pm.
To Achieve Success
- Complete homework sets and exams by the recommended dates.
- Spend time in the Math Achievement Lab to get help from the instructors, assistants and tutors.
- Use resources available with MyMathLab.
- Attend workshops
- Use Tutoring Services during hours that we are not open.
- Talk to an instructor about your concerns and ask questions.
Courses Offered (see Class Schedule)
- Math 050 - Review of Whole Numbers
- Math 078/079 - PreCollege Math I
- Math 088/089 - PreCollege Math II
- Math 098/099 - PreCollege Math III
These math courses have an electronic textbook available online by Pearson Education. Or students can purchase a printed textbook in the LCC Bookstore.
- Homework assigned needs to be completed online at MyMathLab
- A minimum score of 80% is required to move to the next section.
- All assignments need to be completed in order to take the exam.
- Homework assignments are listed in the syllabus.
- Homework will make up 10% of your overall grade.
You are expected to keep an organized homework journal which should:
- Contain the steps used when solving homework problems
- Be labeled with each section clearly marked
- Some problems will not require work and you will not be expected to show steps on these
- Be turned in at the end of the quarter
- Be either a spiral bound notebook or a three ring binder
- All tests must be taken in order.
- Once you have completed the chapter homework with a minimum score of 80%, you will be able to take the test. The post tests on MyMathLab are recommended.
- You may take tests before and after the deadlines. The deadlines are suggested to stay on track.
- The only test you will be allowed to take during finals week is the final exam.
- Calculators will not be allowed on exams.
- If you do not score a 70% on an exam, you must retake.
- The maximum score you can receive on a retake is 73%.
In the MAC you will earn credits for the number of tests you successfully complete.
- If you enrolled for five credits, you will need to successfully complete all five modules and the final exam. If you do not complete all six tests, you can still receive 3 credits if you have successfully completed the first three modules. You will need to enroll in the MAC for two credits next quarter to complete the course.
- If you do not complete all five, you will automatically be assigned three credits if you are passing the first three modules. You do not need to contact us about any changes.
- If only three credits are completed, you must complete the course in the next quarter.
Attendance in the MAC is arranged. This should be treated like a regular class that you attend daily at a specific time. You will be required to complete an attendance form every week that logs a minimum of three hours spent in the MAC, tutoring center, workshop or proctoring center.
- Attendance forms can be picked up in the MAC.
- Turn in a form every Friday for full credit. Forms will not be accepted late. It can be turned in early!
- Once per quarter, a missed attendance form can be made up by attending an extra workshop. Indicate on the form that it is a makeup and have the workshop instructor sign it.
- Attendance will represent 10% of your overall grade