How to Apply to Head Start
Head Start/EHS/ECEAP is designed for low income families with children aged prenatal to 5 years.
Children are eligible to participate if their families are eligible for public assistance.
- Public assistance means that the family receives benefits or services through the TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) or SSI (Supplemental Security Income) programs.
- TANF benefits or services include cash payments, vouchers, transportation, job training and subsidized childcare such as Working Connections Child Care (WCCC).
- Foster children and homeless families also qualify.
- Ten percent of our families may have income over the FPL (Federal Poverty Level).
- Children with special needs or who are at-risk are actively sought for enrollment.
We maintain a waiting list when centers are filled, and place children in classrooms throughout the year as space becomes available. Children must be three years old before September 1 to enter preschool classes.
Please fill out the application form below, and fax, mail or deliver it to the address on the form.
2014 Federal Poverty Level Guidelines
effective January 1, 2014
|Income Qualification Guidelines|