Science Olympiad is an international nonprofit organization devoted to improving the quality of science education, creating a passion for learning science and providing recognition for outstanding achievement in science education by both students and teachers. These goals are accomplished through classroom activities, research, professional development workshops and the encouragement of intramural, district, regional, state, national and international tournaments.
Teams from SW Washington High Schools and Middle Schools will compete for awards and a trip to state and national competitions.
Students will test their science and math skills in more than two dozen categories reflecting all areas of scientific study, amazing their teachers and parents, and generating an interest in science-related skills.
March 8, 2014
Photo album: TBA
About Event:2014 Brochure
March 9, 2013
- Local students compete in science showdown, The Daily News, March 10, 2013
- Young Journalists: 'Sky's the Limit' for RAL Science Olympians, The Daily News, February 25, 2013
March 10, 2012
- Local students gearing up for regional Science Olympiad at LCC, The Daily News, March 7, 2012
- RAL Science Olympiad teams among region's top 10, The Daily News, March 14, 2012
March 12, 2011
March 13, 2010
- Students reach new heights at Science Olympiad, The Daily News, March 13, 2010
March 14, 2009
- Tense moments, thrill of achievement at Science Olympiad, The Daily News, March 15, 2009