Costs can vary a great deal depending on individual students' choices. The following are estimates, in U.S. dollars, based on the required 12-credit, full-time enrollment for international students. Printable version.
|Item||Quarter (3 mos.)||Academic Year (9 mos.)|
|Tuition & Fees*||$3,200||$9,600|
|Books & Supplies||$500||$1,500|
|Housing & Meals
host family or approx. cost for apt. rental
|Health Insurance ~ required||$200||$600|
Total Estimated Cost
Other One-Time, Non-Refundable Fees
|Housing Assistance Fee***||$200||Required|
- * Tuition rates are established by the Washington State Legislature and are subject to change.
- ** Required for all international students. Includes English and Math placement testing at LCC.
- ** Required for a homestay placement or for assistance in locating an apartment to rent. Includes airport pickup.
By credit card using Credit Card Authorization Form.
By check mailed to:
Lower Columbia College
1600 Maple Street
P.O. Box 3010
Longview, WA 98632 USA
Refund Policy for Academic Programs:
- A 100% refund of tuition is available if a complete withdrawal from Lower Columbia College is made before the start of the academic quarter for which the tuition was paid. Students must submit a signed letter requesting the refund along with the original I-20.
- A 50% refund of tuition is available if a complete withdrawal is made between the 1st and 19th calendar day of the quarter.
- No refund is available for withdrawal on or after the 20th calendar day of the quarter
New international students should plan to arrive in the Longview area in time to establish housing, participate in college orientation, take the college placement assessment, and register for classes. Arrival two weeks before classes begin is usually sufficient. Department of Homeland Security regulations do not allow entry into the United States more than 30 days prior to the start of your studies. Printable version.
|Term||Priority Application Date||Arrival Dates||Quarter Dates|
|Fall 2013||Aug 12||Sep 12 - 13||Sep 23 - Dec 12|
|Winter 2014||Nov 25||Dec 26 - 27||Jan 6 - Mar 20|
|Spring 2014||Feb 24||Mar 27 - 28||Apr 7 - Jun 19|
|Summer 2014||May 26||Jun 26 - 27||Jul 7 - Aug 28|