|Host a Student Like Paulina!|
|The student shown is an actual student at Lower Columbia College!|
Make a Difference ~ Share Your America!
If you have a spare room and an open heart, you can provide a home away from home
for an international student in our community. The experience of an international
student can change the course of their life!
See the Host Family Flyer
LCC's Host Family Program is seeking qualified families who have a strong interest in hosting and interacting with international students. Our emphasis is on providing students and families an opportunity for cultural exchange.
Tell us about yourself
- Explore a new culture and language
- Help your international student learn about your town and community
- Experience the joys of a new family member
- Practice hospitality and generosity
- Support diversity and cross-cultural understanding
- Increase cultural awareness among your community
- Help to make a difference in the world
- Change the course of a young person's life
- Create an international friendship that lasts a lifetime
As a host, you’ll provide room, board and friendship for a student studying at LCC. You’ll learn about different cultures while sharing a slice of your American life. Host families receive a monthly stipend and ongoing support throughout the Host Family stay.
What do host families provide?
- An English speaking home in a safe neighborhood
- A supportive environment for the student to succeed academically and socially
- A furnished, private room for the student
- Meals for the student
- Transportation assistance to and from campus
- See more on Host Family FAQs