Special Programs Coordinator
Toll Free 1.866.900.2311
Vocational Building Room 102
see Campus Map
• Overview of I-BEST
• Student Testimonials
Fast track to a college certificate and job.
Many people who want to train for a new career also need to improve their skills in math, reading, and writing.
I-BEST provides hands-on training for high demand jobs, with extra instructors to help with reading, writing, math, speaking and listening skills.
Students learn job skills and earn college credit towards a certificate - in one of five job fields - with the same instructors and study teams.
Students also spend several hours each week in study sessions where they receive hands-on instruction dedicated to helping them succeed.
- Business Technology and Career Options
- Early Childhood Education and Career Options
- Diesel/Heavy Equipment Technology
- Health Occupations Core
- Manufacturing Occupations and Career Options
- Nursing Assistant
- Two instructors in all certificate courses.
- Additional academic support to increase success.
- Advising support.
- Student teams for added support and time working with others.
Students may qualify for special funding if they are unemployed and receiving benefits, or are dislocated workers. Resources include:
- Opportunity Grant Program
- Financial Aid
- Tuition Payment Plan
- Worker Retraining
- WIA funds
- Veterans' Services
- CASAS appraisal test with a minimum reading score.
- Quarterly CASAS progress testing.
- Background check and proof of a negative TB test for the Nursing Assistant and Early Childhood Education Programs.